Servings: 4 people
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 6 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs If frozen, add 1-2 minutes to total time
- 4 ounces butter cubed - use coconut oil if dairy free
- 4 ounces heavy cream use full-fat coconut milk if dairy free
- 14 ounce canned tomatoes whole or crushed
Place all ingredients into an Instant Pot EXCEPT for the butter, cilantro, heavy cream and 1 teaspoon of the garam masala, mixing the sauce and spices well before you place the chicken on top. If it’s frozen, push it into the sauce a bit so it defrosts better
Close the cooker and set for 30 mins on high, and let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. After that, release all remaining pressure.
Open up the pot and remove the chicken carefully and set aside
Blend together all the ingredients, preferably using an immersion blender
Let the sauce cool for a few minutes to let it thicken
Add the cut up butter, cream, cilantro, and leftover garam masala and stir until well mixed.
Calories: 1158kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 134g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 746mg | Sodium: 1534mg | Potassium: 2027mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1816IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 7mg | Net Carbs: 7g