Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
This dish is absolutely spectacular, and it makes a TON of leftover sauce which can then be refrigerated and/or frozen to be used in any variety of dishes for the Dinrest of the week. (I like to use the sauce over scrambled eggs as a quick and easy breakfast, but it could be used for any number of additional meals.)
You’ll need an Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker), and an immersion blender.
To stretch it out even further while keeping it low-carb, consider serving this over zucchini noodles, shirataki noodles, shirataki rice or cauliflower rice.
- Pressure Cooker
- Immersion Blender
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper 🌶
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 6 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs If frozen, add 1-2 minutes to total time
- 4 ounces butter cubed – use coconut oil if dairy free
- 4 ounces heavy cream use full-fat coconut milk if dairy free
- 14 ounce canned tomatoes whole or crushed
- Place all ingredients into an Instant Pot EXCEPT for the butter, cilantro, heavy cream and 1 teaspoon of the garam masala, mixing the sauce and spices well before you place the chicken on top. If it’s frozen, push it into the sauce a bit so it defrosts better
- Close the cooker and set for 30 mins on high, and let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. After that, release all remaining pressure.
- Open up the pot and remove the chicken carefully and set aside
- Blend together all the ingredients, preferably using an immersion blender
- Let the sauce cool for a few minutes to let it thicken
- Add the cut up butter, cream, cilantro, and leftover garam masala and stir until well mixed.
This recipe is based off the fantastic Butter Chicken recipe at Twosleevers.