Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
This dish is absolutely spectacular, and it makes a TON of leftover sauce which can then be refrigerated and/or frozen to be used in any variety of dishes for the Dinrest of the week. (I like to use the sauce over scrambled eggs as a quick and easy breakfast, but it could be used for any number of additional meals.)
- Pressure Cooker
- Immersion Blender
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 6 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs If frozen, add 1-2 minutes to total time
- 4 ounces butter cubed – use coconut oil if dairy free
- 4 ounces heavy cream use full-fat coconut milk if dairy free
- 14 ounce canned tomatoes whole or crushed
- Place all ingredients into an Instant Pot EXCEPT for the butter, cilantro, heavy cream and 1 teaspoon of the garam masala, mixing the sauce and spices well before you place the chicken on top. If it’s frozen, push it into the sauce a bit so it defrosts better
- Close the cooker and set for 30 mins on high, and let it release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. After that, release all remaining pressure.
- Open up the pot and remove the chicken carefully and set aside
- Blend together all the ingredients, preferably using an immersion blender
- Let the sauce cool for a few minutes to let it thicken
- Add the cut up butter, cream, cilantro, and leftover garam masala and stir until well mixed.
This recipe is based off the fantastic Butter Chicken recipe at Twosleevers.