While most of the recipes here do not require specialized equipment, a few of them need things that not everyone might have laying around. These items are not necessary to cook yummy low-carb foods, some of them can make it easier.
- Instant Pot (or other pressure cooker)
- Immersion blender – this isn’t required, but can make finishing hot sauces a bit easier (instead of trying to pour scalding liquid into a blender)
- Slow-cooker – the Instant Pot comes with a slow cooker setting, so no need to buy a separate slow-cooker if you’re planning on getting an Instant Pot. Most things made in an Instant Pot can be made in a slow cooker, it just takes a lot longer.
- Food processor – I have the Ninja system and I love it, but any food processor will do. They can help with chopping/slicing, and also pull full duty as a blender, etc.
- Egg cooker – I normally don’t endorse single-use appliances, and making hard-boiled eggs is pretty easy in an instant pot or stovetop, but when you go through as many eggs as we do, this little gadget is just so handy. I use it nearly every day. No cleanup, with perfect eggs every time.
- Air Fryer – While this isn’t really necessary exactly, it can make cooking crispy foods much faster and easier to clean up. Since we typically have to use pork panko instead of breadcrumbs, it can be helpful in getting a more authentic crispiness to foods. I have the Ninja Foodi and it’s fantastic.