Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
I just got an air fryer, so I’ve been experimenting with various keto recipes. The main drive for getting one (especially since chips and other common air fryer treats are off the menu for us) was easier cleanup and fast cooking time, while getting yummy, crispy results. This fast recipe for scotch eggs didn’t disappoint.
One scotch egg is pretty dense so if you’re not a big breakfast person to start with it will probably be enough, but if you’re extra hungry, these are easy wins at just 1.2g net carbs if you simply must have another. 🙂
Note that if you don’t have an air fryer, this recipe still works, it’s just a little messier to cook in oil on the stove top.
Easy Keto Air Fryer Scotch Eggs
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb breakfast sausage ground
- 4 eggs soft-boiled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, finely chopped
- Combined the ground pork breakfast sausage in a bowl with the chopped parsley, knead until mixed well
- Divide the pork into equal parts, forming a patty to encase each egg. Depending on the size of your eggs, you may have enough pork for 4 or 5 eggs. Try to firm up any gaps where egg is exposed, as it will swell when cooked.
- Roll the sausage-covered eggs in the parmesan. If you use shredded (versus grated), make sure you press the cheese into the pork so it doesn't fall off or fly around in the air fryer.
- Once the fryer is preheated, place the eggs in the air fryer, making sure they do not touch. Spray the eggs lightly with a high-temperature oil like coconut or avocado.
- Set the fryer to 400 degrees for 15 minutes (13 if you pre-heated the fryer). Halfway through the cook time, turn them over and spray the other side with oil.
- Serve with dijon mustard if desired.
There are a few other variations on this recipe I’ve seen, some of which require a little more work/ingredients, but add different flavors. Check out this recipe on Two Sleevers if you’re looking to try something slightly different.