Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
These are fantastic, and super quick/simple to make – and weigh in at an amazing 1g carb! They pair really well with the cauliflower mash as a side, but also some simple asparagus, broccoli, spinach or kale sautéed in butter and garlic work great too.
For the crushed pork rinds, you can buy pre-crushed, or just put a bunch of regular pork rinds in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Or your foot. Or a book. Whatever you like for crushing things.
Surprisingly, the pork rinds don’t add that much unique flavor to the dish, so if you hate pork rinds, don’t worry. You really don’t taste them. They just act as a replacement for bread crumbs and don’t add to the taste.
Easy Keto Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Zester (optional)
- 2 lbs pork chops (boneless, about 4 chops)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Bring the pork chops out of the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes before beginning. (It's okay if you miss this step – we haven't died yet.)
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg and water together in a bowl large enough to fit a pork chop.
Parmesan Crust Coating
- Mix the grated Parmesan cheese, crushed pork rinds, minced garlic, optional lemon zest, and parsley on a large dinner plate. You can use your fingers to mix it – no one's looking.
- Add a 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan on medium high and heat until hot but not smoking.
- Pick up a chop with a fork and put it in the beaten egg. Flip it over a few times to fully cover, lift with fork and let any extra egg run off. Place it into the Parmesan coating and push and wiggle it into the mixture to mike sure it is completely coated.
- Using a fork, add the crumbed pork chop to the pan. (Don't use your fingers or the breading will come off on them.)
- Repeat the breading procedure with the remaining pork chops. If your pan is small, do this one at a time, or if you have room for more you can cook more than one chop at a time.
- Brown for 3 minutes each side, then lower the heat to medium and cook for an additional 4.5 minutes each side. If the cut is very thick (1 inch or more), cook for an additional 4 minutes.
Inspired by the original recipe at LowCarbMaven.