Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
We make this one all the time, since it’s so quick and easy to make, and since there’s only two of us, it lasts us for DAAAAAYS. We usually mix the leftover taco meat into scrambled eggs in the morning and top with some sour cream for a super-fast breakfast that sticks to our macros.
While I’m a bit of a guacamole snob, store-bought works fine for this, since there are so many other flavors going on.
The measurements for sour cream, etc are a little rough here, since you may want to tweak those amounts, and because you’re cooking so much meat at one time.
You can also sprinkle a little cotija on top, if you like feety cheese (I do not). It will add 35 calories and zero carbs to the dish.
If 9 net carbs seems a little high for you, skip the pico de gallo and enchilada sauce.
Keto Taco Salad
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets Taco seasoning
- 1 cups guacamole
- 1 cups sour cream
- 1.5 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1.5 cups mexican cheese shredded
- .5 cup enchilada sauce
- .75 cup pico de gallo
- Brown the ground beef in a pan. (You don't need to pre-grease, the meat will provide plenty of grease for you.)
- Once browned, drain the grease out into a can. (Pro-tip, save it in the fridge for use in other dishes)
- Mix in the taco seasoning. Make sure it gets evenly mixed, so be careful not to dump it all in one spot.
- Portion the meat into bowls, refrigerating or freezing what you're not going to use immediately.
- Add the lettuce, guac, sour cream, pico de gallo, and shredded mexican mix cheese into the bowls with the meat on them. Drizzle a little enchilada sauce over the top.
Image from Gimme Delicious’ healthy shrimp taco salad bowl with creamy cilantro sauce which I haven’t tried yet but that looks fantastic. If anyone gives that one a shot, let me know how you like it in the comments!