Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
I know in the About page, I mentioned that all of these recipes are meant to be easy. This might be the one exception – and even then it’s not hard, it just takes a little practice to get the thickness of the batter just right as you’re cooking them.
Too thick and it comes out sort of like a pancake, too thin and it ends up being like a thin crispy cracker. You’ll likely need to practice this a few times, but don’t give up.
These work GREAT for when you’re craving a quesadilla but don’t want to make it a cheat day. (I’ll post a separate recipe for quesadillas using this same formula, just so you have all the macros for that.)
Low-Carb Coconut Flour Tortillas
- Add egg whites, coconut flour, baking powder and water in a bowl. Combine well (should be a uniform, watery mixture).
- Optional: add seasonings and mix.
- Heat a skillet (any size you want your tortillas to bto low heat. Wait until the pan is hot, spray with cooking spray, and drop some of the mixture into the center (i like to use a 1/4 measuring cup).
- As quickly as possible tilt the skillet on all edge to spread the batter as thin as possible. You can always add more in the areas not covered.
- Allow it to cook for a couple minutes until it starts to rise/bubble or you lift it up and the other side has browned. Flip and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Repeat process until all the batter is cooked. The above mixture made 16 small taco sized tortillas for us.
This is a variation of a recipe found on Ketoconnect.