Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
Variations of this recipe go by the name “crack chicken” in the keto-world (because it’s so addictive), but that seems like kind of a crappy, classist way to describe it, so I just call it cream cheese chicken. It is pretty addictive however, and comes in at just 6g net carbs. I add shirataki noodles in to bulk it up and make it last even longer with no extra carbs.
The original recipe is from The Keto Queens, and works GREAT as is, but one of the things I love about this particular recipe is that it’s so freaking flexible. You can really make this dish your own by experimenting with the ingredients. (It’s also dead simple. You just throw shit in a pot and walk away.)
For example, if we’re feeling like something a little southwestern-inspired, I’ll use mexican mix cheese instead of cheddar, and add in 2-4 fresh (chopped) jalapeños. If we’re feeling more italian-inspired, mozzarella cheese replaces the cheddar and I’ll swap bacon for pancetta.
Word of warning on this dish though – it is dense. When you eat your first serving of this and think you want more, give it 20 minutes or so and then see if you still do. It will fill you up, and if you don’t give yourself that time, you’ll end up overstuffed and complaining to your partner. At least you will if you’re my husband. 😀
Keto Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken
- Instant Pot / Pressure Cooker
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz cream cheese
- .5 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried dill
- .5 tsp salt
- .25 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 scallion green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 18 oz shirataki noodles
- Turn pressure cooker on, press “Sauté”, and wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Press “Cancel” to stop sautéing.
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, water, vinegar, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, dill, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Turn the pot on Manual, High Pressure for 25 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a large plate, shred it with 2 forks, and return it back to the pot.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and shirataki noodles, and mix until the cheese is gooey.
- Top with the crispy bacon and scallion, and serve.