Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission.
These are dead-simple, and you can make a large tray of them and eat them throughout the week – just put the remaining cups in the fridge and eat them cold or pop them in the microwave. They’re also nice and portable, so you can throw a few in a ziplock as you’re running out the door for work and eat them as an on-the-go breakfast or as a quick lunch.
You can use bacon or ham here, depending on your preference – or use ground breakfast sausage as a bottom base. Cook times should all be the same.
Definitely play around with some variations here. Experiment with cheeses and toppings. Some pico de gallo and a little sour cream on top can vary the flavor enough to keep things interesting. Add diced peppers or tomatoes if that’s your jam. Also if you prefer the taste of eggs scrambled versus separated, just mix all of your ingredients together in a measuring cup and pour them into the muffin slots in equal amounts. Top with parmesan for a slightly crispy texture if you’re feeling fancy.
Easy Bacon/Ham Egg Cups
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Coat a muffin tin with grease or olive oil spray to prevent sticking
- Put one slice of bacon into each muffin slot, making sure that the bacon is wrapped around the sides and not on the bottom of the tin. If you use ham instead, lay the ham in the slot as if it were a cupcake liner.
- Crack an egg into each slot with the bacon/ham. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top, and top it off with a sprinkling of your favorite shredded cheese
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F (180 C).